How to Change Dock Icon for iTunes?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by polycat33, Jul 2, 2007.

1. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I recently installed this program called AquaT or something like that, it makes iTunes 7 look like iTunes 6 with the blue scroll bars and highlighting and stuff. I like the changes it made, except that it changed my iTunes icon in my dock so the music note is green instead of blue. I think it looked a lot better blue, and I'm wondering how to change it back? I found iTunes in my Appliations folder and THAT icon is still blue, and when I go to get info that's still blue, so it's just the dock. Any suggestions?

Also, if I decide I don't want this and maybe want to try a different program, does anyone know enough about this to know how to uninstall it? It's not in my applications folder, it installed itself, claiming it would be going onto my hard drive, and I can't find it anywhere. I don't know how I'd get rid of it if I wanted to. Help!

2. kolax macrumors G3

Drag the icon off the Dock so it disappears.

Press Apple + I on your iTunes program (in Applications)....while typing that I realise you don't have the original icon.

Download iTunes again and press Apple + I on the iTunes program (don't need to install it) and select the icon on the top left so it is highlighted. Copy that, then paste it into the original iTunes icon. Then drag back onto the Dock.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Here's an easier way:
    Get Info on iTunes, select the icon and Cut it (apple-x) or Edit>Cut. The icon will revert to the default icon.

4. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up downloading the newest update of iTunes, which fixed the problem. Turns out the program I downloaded changes the actual itunes files and can't be changed back unless you backup a file I did not back up. Next time I'm going to use a program that has an interface and you can change between skins and the original easily. A new version for that program to be compatible with itunes 7.3 will be available on Saturday, so I'll wait for that.