How to change email settings from IMAP to POP

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tritonx, Jun 13, 2013.

1. tritonx macrumors newbie

I have a macbook air, version 10.8.4. I just added a new email account which has the same settings as my other account. Somehow during the set up process using pop account, the account thinks it's an IMAP acct. Thing is, the pop version is connecting, sending and receiving test emails. But on the account type in Account Info, it shows as an IMAP acct. even though it's set to POP for incoming. Mail shows as being offline and the diagnostic shows my first pop acct. connecting, my new acct. connecting, but a third IMAP version of the new account not connecting. I've been into the account to make sure all settings are right (and they must be as I can send and receive), but there's something going on that the acct. thinks it's (also?) and IMAP account. So confusing and my local server tech support tried, but couldn't solve the problem. Anyone with any idea what's going on? And how I can get rid of the IMAP setting. It's as if there are two versions of the same account, one POP and the other IMAP.

2. tritonx thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a solution

Just in case anyone has this problem in the future. I disabled the IMAP account and added new account and worked through the set up wizard again. Only way I could resolve the issue, but good enough as I now have a properly working POP account.