Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
Yep. You going have to throw out the file /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist . Then reboot and upon the reboot run TinkerTool and set the Font changes again. Then reboot one more time.

Thanks, however there isn't a "Library" folder in /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/ on my Macbook. There is this: /YourHardDrive/Library/Preferences but there isn't a com.apple.finder.plist file in that location. Finder search says there's no such file on the HD. :confused:

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Thanks, however there isn't a "Library" folder in /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/ on my Macbook. There is this: /YourHardDrive/Library/Preferences but there isn't a com.apple.finder.plist file in that location. Finder search says there's no such file on the HD. :confused:

The user Library folder is hidden by default, and the path given isn't quite right.
In Finder select Go->Go To Folder and put in '/Users/YourUserName/Library' to get there.

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
Ok, I found the file and followed the instructions above but I still don't see any changes in font size. I only want to make a modest increase in size and if this doesn't work it's not that big a deal. Appreciate the help anyway. Thanks.

Frankly it's disappointing Apple doesn't build some of this functionality into the OS and that so many hoops must be jumped through to make this work (or not). Windows implementation of this is far from perfect, but at least some font adjustment is available within that OS.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Anybody who solved the problem in mavericks?

----

You told about 'Use as defaults' option, but I cannot find it in 'show view' options. Where is it?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
ad2qon.jpg

Where is it?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I chose 'macintosh hd' and checked the '13' font size in 'show view' options in finder.
Still does not keep it.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Yep. You going have to throw out the file /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist . Then reboot and upon the reboot run TinkerTool and set the Font changes again. Then reboot one more time.

I did it too.
But finder still returns to its own value.
How can I get rid of this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.