Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Is there any way to change fonts without using BytaFont? I saw the Avenir font in one of the homescreen threads and really want to use it system-wide, but it's not supported by BytaFont.

I can actually find Avenir in the system fonts using iFile, and I can copy it...I just don't know where to put it so that I can change it (either in Bytafont or another tweak, etc.)

Can anyone help?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Is there any way to change fonts without using BytaFont? I saw the Avenir font in one of the homescreen threads and really want to use it system-wide, but it's not supported by BytaFont.

I can actually find Avenir in the system fonts using iFile, and I can copy it...I just don't know where to put it so that I can change it (either in Bytafont or another tweak, etc.)

Can anyone help?

An interesting question.

I dont like bytafont as it replaces the original iOS fonts.

You then have to re download the iOS fonts to get them back !

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
The Avenir in Cydia uses a different app and I can't find it when searching inside BytaFont. Where can I get it?

It's working via Bytafont here (see attached pic), i installed the version from the insanelyi repo.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    98.6 KB · Views: 357

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Just found a problem with this Avenir, the font doesn't seem to change on the lock screen clock whilst using Forecast or in Notification center.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Just found a problem with this Avenir, the font doesn't seem to change on the lock screen clock whilst using Forecast or in Notification center.

Did you ever figure this problem out? I have the same problem with forecast. Weird thing is I can change the font of the lockscreen clock fine, but when I install forecast, the LS clock font reverts back to stock Helvetica. Is forecast pulling the font from somewhere else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.