how to change frequently visited safari ?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by anonymous4a, Apr 3, 2016.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

I don't want to remove it, just want it to display different sites.. is there anyway to change the sites in frequently visited drop down section ?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Yes, look at other sites more frequently :D
    Why would you NOT want Frequently Visited to show your current common web sites, and what would you call it then.
    You can change your "favorites" tabs to other sites that are more - well - your favorites.

The purpose of "frequently visited" (FV) is to show your "frequently visited" sites, is it not?
    If you visit other sites (other than your current FV), then those more frequently visited would swap out with what you see now.

Maybe that only makes sense to me...
    Unless I am missing something about your question?

3. Jess13, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

You’re able to edit it. It isn’t straight forward as it could be in letting you know how to do this, but you can edit it easily. For example, when you’re at a website/page you want to add to frequently visited: click the location bar to show the website’s icon, then drag it to frequently visited.

You would drag the MacRumors’ apple icon

FV.png
    You’re able to drag icons out of frequently visited to delete them, and if you’re editing your frequently visited list while in a new window or tab (not through clicking the location bar to show it), try dragging them off the main center area of that window/tab to delete.