how to change function of f11 key

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wannabelow, Jan 27, 2011.

1. wannabelow macrumors newbie

my wife uses qbyte for work and it needs the f11 key to do a function.
    when you press it it minimize all windows is there a way to change it so she can us it for the proper function in Qbyte

2. wannabelow thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I hate to drag up and older thread, but the pictures show exactly what I don't have.

In the picture above, it looks like there is a single keyboard and mouse box. I have separate boxes for keyboard, mouse, trackpad and bluetooth and the option to return F1-12 keys to standard function is not there.

I just got a Logitech K800 and for the most part everything works, but I would like to make a couple of changes:

Expose to F3 from F9
    Dashboard to F4 from F12
    Currently the F12 operates the Dashboard if you tap and release, but if you hold it, it Ejects.

I have tried double-clicking and tapping the key I want, but that does nothing.

Thanks

4. GGJstudios, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's because the screen captures are Leopard. In Snow Leopard "Keyboard & Mouse" are separated. Here's the Snow Leopard screen.
    ScreenCap  2011-05-25 at 3.06.44 PM.PNG
    You can edit keyboard shortcuts by going to System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard shortcuts

5. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I do not have that option on mine. Just the second option. :confused:

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Do you have your keyboard connected and recognized?

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You can set these in the Expose & Spaces preferences. They're not under Keyboard because it's not an Apple keyboard and the keys you're assigning are "normal" function keys rather than Apple's custom ones.

8. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Typed this response on it. So I make the assumption it is connected. I also have the stock wireless Apple keyboard connected as well via BT.

9. Herdfan macrumors 6502

That did it.

Thanks!