How to change (hack) iPod Touch to have dual-video-out (Device & TV)?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by zuma, Feb 21, 2008.

1. zuma macrumors newbie

I have been looking for a device that can do this and maybe someone out there knows how to make and iPod Touch do it!?

For my company I need a device with these capabilities:

Must-have
    - Touchscreen
    - Dual Video (Display + AV-out simultaneously)
    - AV out (S-Video not DVI)
    - 12 - 24 volts (in-car voltage)
    - DRM Win or AAC

Dual video means that I can choose the files/pics/vids on the iPod Touch screen, and at the same time show the same image simultaneously through video-out on TV.

Current configurations of the iPod Touch only allows one or the other.

NB: There is no other device that can do it. Tablet PCs have no video-out, Archos/PSP et al have the same restrictions as iPods do.

2. iJordo macrumors member

I am pretty sure

that all of the current video iPods can do that... like at least the iPod Classic should! if not... though I regret saying this, I think the Zune will support that function... You might wanna try getting a demonstration at Radio Shack or Best Buy just to make sure...I asked a guy for similar help once and he hooked everything up and let me test it...! Good luck!

3. zuma thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you ijordo

no they can't - i have iPod 5.0

they all have a video-out function and socket
    but as soon as you switch to video-out the internal screen is switched off

4. BassistKing1 macrumors member

sounds like u need to just go out and buy a laptop lol. im sure theres a touchscreen laptop somewhere..

5. zuma thread starter macrumors newbie

there are touchscreen laptops but all based on windows and i really really don't want to commit my presentations to windows.

also, laptops need too much power, none of them run on batteries for longer than 2hrs. to recharge i need 220volts but i am in a mobile environment with 12 or 24volts.

laptop means loads of cables and clutter, os crashes and dual-monitor tv-out in windows sucks.

i tried that