How to change ICal Icon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by farmerku, Sep 11, 2008.

1. farmerku macrumors regular

farmerku

I know how to change Icons for applications and I even have CanyBar, but for some strange reason I can't get ICal to change. I even remove it from the dock, change it, add it back to the dock and its still the stock red. When I go to get info it shows that I changed the icon but the actual icon does not? Any words of advice? Do I need to wipe out all of my events and settings and start from scratch? I've been trying out the black icon package and it's REALLY annoying that ICal is the only application on my dock still in color. :(

Thanks for the help in advance. You guys are great!!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Right click on iCal from your dock.
    Click "Show in Finder"
    Right click on iCal in Finder
    Click on "Get Info"
    Click once on the icon in the upper left hand corner of the "get info" window.
    You can then change it manually by doing the same thing to the icon you wish to use, copy and paste.

Check this thread out to give you a visual on how to do this:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5595527&postcount=4

3. farmerku thread starter macrumors regular

farmerku

yeah I know how to do that and for some reason it doesn't work. It shows in the get info section that the icon has been changed but once I ad it to the dock it goes back to the stock red. I've changed all of my other Icons and for some reason Ical is being a pain? Thanks for your help. Anymore suggestions?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Shoot I am sorry about that. :eek:
    Read up here and I'll search some more and see if there's not another way ok?

Edit:
    Here's something else I found:
    And this:

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It does that because iCal loads the icon file within the application bundle and then adds the date to display in the Dock. Changing the Finder level icon makes no difference. You need to alter the file within the application bundle...

6. farmerku thread starter macrumors regular

farmerku

This seems to be the way to do it but the black version of the icon I have does not include a blank version do you guys know if I change it will it no longer show the month and day?

Btw thanks for all of your help!

7. farmerku thread starter macrumors regular

farmerku

GOT IT! Thanks again for your time...blacked out now :cool: