How to change iCal view on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eldiablojoe, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

My calendar app on iPhone is always throwing me off because it starts the month view on Mondays. So the seven-day week on the calendar runs Monday-Sunday instead of the more standard monthly calendar layout of Sunday-Saturday.

Anyway to change this view?

Thanks!

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Mine displays Sunday to Saturday - you got me thinking so I started poking around the settings and didn't see anything though. Gonna look into it a bit further.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You make the settings change in iCal (or in Outlook if using a PC) under preferences>general.

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I was wondering if it inherited from the desktop but didn't want to say until confirmed. Cool!

5. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Cool! That'll probably do it. I do use iCal, so the setting musta synced across. I'll try to reconfigure it tonight after work.

Thanks y'all!

6. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Okay, I've gone into iCal on my MacBook and into Calendar on MobileMe and verified that it shows the monthly view Sun-Sat, and then re-synced the iPhone 3GS, but it doesn't change the iPhone Calendar which is stuck on Mon-Sun. Argh!

Any other ideas or thoughts?

Thanks!

UPDATE: A guy, Ferd II on Apple's discussion community forums had the answer. It had nothing to do with the Calendar at all, afterall. In the iPhone's "Settings -> General -> International -> Region Format I needed to specify United States.

Cooool!