How to change icons?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zotes24, Nov 5, 2008.

1. zotes24 macrumors regular

zotes24

Hello all,

I know and have changed my harddrive icon but how do i do it with other icons? Like if i were to download this itunes one from this web site http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/details.php?id=1689 how would i go about doing this. Sometimes they just bring up a lot of code.

Thanks
    (i know there was another thread about this but i couldnt find it)

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Select the device or folder you want to change, then press Command+I (get info) there you'll see the items Icon along with lots of other information. From here you can copy and paste in a new icon in. What you past as a icon can be anything... even a crop from a photo or some artwork you've found or created!

There are some application online which will allow you to change complete GUI sets but often they're not free!

3. zotes24 thread starter macrumors regular

zotes24

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Check this thread.

5. zotes24 thread starter macrumors regular

zotes24

thanks everyone for the replies. Just one last question. Why wont the iCal icon change when i change it? everything else matches except for that now.

Thanks!

6. d1rtyb1rd macrumors newbie

Solution?

If iCal is on your dock, did you restart it? Also, try logging in and out. If not check out this guide titled "Customize those tricky icons!" That did the trick for me.