How to change my internal wifi card

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mihairomanian, May 15, 2016.

1. mihairomanian macrumors newbie

So, ive been doing some research and im sure there must be a way in order for me to change my internal wifi card on my 2011 macbook pro 8,1. Reason being is that i intend on dual booting with black arch as ive become very interested in penetration testing. My concern is this... Is there any type of adapter i may purchase in order to make my macbook pro compatible with some of the newer mini pci-e wifi cards?

Such as this one ..

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-3160-Wi...id=1463350177&sr=8-3&keywords=wifi+mini+pci+e

2. mihairomanian thread starter macrumors newbie

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Do a google search and you will find multiple videos about changing the wi-fi card.

4. mihairomanian thread starter macrumors newbie

not to be rude, but...
    I don't think you even understood my question . So i will repeat it,
    is there adapter that anybody knows of that connects a mini pci-e wlan card to apples proprietary airport/bluetooth flex cable , or even a straight flex cable that connects to the logic board?

5. JTToft macrumors 68040

- I don't think there is, no.
    I've seen an adaptor to use the AirPort cards from Retina models in earlier machines, but none for a generic PCIe card.
    The issue also becomes connecting the antenna cables to the new card, which, at least for the Retina cards, have connectors that are much too large.

6. mihairomanian thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you JTToft, i guess I'm stuck using a USB adapter then... oh well .