How to change my Ip address?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by XxpikachuxX, May 27, 2009.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

i have an aluminum macbook 2.0 but how can i change my ip address? i have a 2wire wireless modem the one at&t gives you

thanks in advance

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

If you have a dynamic IP, usually a router restart gets you a new IP address. But I think with AT&T it doesn't work that way. It releases and renews at different times, I believe.

Mind telling us why you want a different IP?

3. skorpien macrumors 68020

IP addresses are given out by your ISP. They will either assign you a static IP address, or a dynamic one. AFAIK, only they are capable of changing your IP address if it's a static one, and it's luck of the draw for a change of a dynamic one.

If you know your ISP is providing a dynamic IP address, I've run across a site that suggests turning off your modem for an extended period of time, and you might get a new IP address.

Why is it you're looking to change your IP address anyway?

4. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

well is not at&t its actually telnor its a mexican,tijuana internet provider dsl i have and is the same little modem at&t gives

i want to change it becuase i got banned from a forum and i created and another account and i dont want them to know that is me :)

for how long should i turn of my modem 10 hours?

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

Most forums have rules against creating multiple accounts, do they not? And most bans usually have a good reason behind them. If you must change your IP address, a quick google search will bring up dozens of pages to show you how. And just a suggestion, though I don't know the entire story, consider not doing whatever it was that got you banned initially. If it's a temporary ban, just wait it out. If it's permanent, best of luck in not getting discovered and banned again.

6. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

its a permanent banned XD i did a joke on the owner of the forum and he took it to seriusly

7. Mhmm macrumors member

Even if your ip changes it will remain very similar to the original one... any admin with a pinch of common sense will be able to identify you if you happen to draw attention.

8. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

i know i know but not going to call attention so how do i change it anyways

9. whitebook macrumors regular

10. magamo macrumors 6502

I don't endorse any kind of ban evasion, but you should be able to change your IP address by resetting your router, modem and whatnot unless you have a global IP address. Turn off every device between your Mac and the wall socket for good measure and set them up again. Most likely it does the trick.

11. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Just use a proxy that is availble on the internet

If you use Firefox, something like FoxyProxy is what you want

12. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Use a proxy.

You know, asking something like that may get you banned from HERE!! :p

Better find that IP proxy stuff quick ;) ;)