Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McCloud94

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you go to SETTINGS, SOUNDS & HAPTICS, about halfway down you should see "New Mail".
I got
Ringtone
Text Tone
New Voicemail
Calendar Alerts
Reminder Alerts
Airdrop

but surprisingly, I can't even find the native ios email app (or any related settings).
I access my email through the Yahoo and Gmail 3rd party apps... never had the need to pay more attention to it, until now, as I wanted to change the new mail sound.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I got
Ringtone
Text Tone
New Voicemail
Calendar Alerts
Reminder Alerts
Airdrop

but surprisingly, I can't even find the native ios email app (or any related settings).
I access my email through the Yahoo and Gmail 3rd party apps... never had the need to pay more attention to it, until now, as I wanted to change the new mail sound.
Perhaps you deleted the Mail app?

If you aren't using it what new email sound are you trying to change?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I got
Ringtone
Text Tone
New Voicemail
Calendar Alerts
Reminder Alerts
Airdrop

You can’t change the sound of third-party email apps from the iPhone system settings. You must do it through the third party email app, if there’s even such an option in that app.

Reactions: ssl0408
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.