Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jolly.Roger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
Hello and let me begin with the fact I am not an English speaker, hence I require a language input with some special letters (if you're curious, they look like this - ąčęė etc.). Naturally, they sit in my number row. That means that I need to switch to English to be able to write numbers or symbols such as !@#$.

Now there's this little function, letting you to use alternative symbols of your numbers row - when you hold ALT button and type numbers, it gives you various symbols, in my case, it's ¡™£¢∞ or, holding alt and shift - ⁄€‹›fifl‡ and so on.

Now the problem is, I don't need these funny symbols. What I need is to be able to use my native language, then, pressing ALT, get access to numbers and to !@#$ symbols with ALT+SHIFT. However, usual settings doesn't give me such option.

I am sorry for this terribly complicated explanation, I hope somebody understand what I want or at least can give me an idea of what to google as I don't know how to put it in a few words.

And yes, it's a very very important function to me and trust me, switching between languages is not fast enough if you work as a journalist. :}

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.