How to change status bar icons color

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dropkangoo, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Dropkangoo macrumors newbie

Hey, i was wondering how to change the color of the icons in the status bar in the homepage, as it is in the apps, like wifi in blue, battery in green etc...
    I've been looking all over the net but didnt find an answer.
    Thanks a lot

2. Dropkangoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi again, well im still stuck on this, i downloaded a folder with all different icons for the signal bars and wifi and stuff but cant get it to work.
    Here is where i downloaded it http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16809458&p=1.
    I tried to put them in a folder named UIImages in the bundles of my theme but it doesn't work.
    Thanks in advance.:)

3. MastahRiz, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

The theme you're using is probably outdated for your iOS since that theme is about a year old. There have been a lot of name changes since then to wifi icons, signal bars, etc.

For example "2 signal bars" is a png named: ColorOnGrayShadow_2_Bars@2x.png in iOS 5.1.1 for the 4S, but in the theme you're trying to download it's called: Silver_2_Bars.png. Won't work unless the names are the same.

4. Dropkangoo thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the tip, but apparently this isnt the problem : i downloaded the updated package for ios 5.1 here http://cl.ly/CwSd
    and put it in bundles, but still not showing up on the phone :/

5. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

In that case try it as a separate theme all together. Create a new folder named whatever you want, inside put a folder that just says "UIImages," (both I's intentional) and inside put your theme icons. Drop that entire folder into your Themes.xxxx folder and activate it in winterboard. Sort of a round-about method but it may work.