How to change system wide fonts?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NTNL, Feb 25, 2014.

1. NTNL macrumors newbie

Hi... This is my first time on this website so I don't know if this is posted right or not...

But anyway back in OS X 10.9.1, I was able to change the default font "Lucida Grande" into "Helvetica" through TinkerTool...

Today I upgraded to 10.9.2 (big mistake) and all the fonts were back to Lucida Grande... I downloaded TinkerTool but the version for OS X 10.9.2 doesn't give you much options to change the font... I downloaded older versions of TinkerTool to try to change it but none of them will work...

Now I really need a way or a third party app to change the system font to Helvetica as I really dislike Lucida Grande....

2. Mr. Amiga500 macrumors regular

Mr. Amiga500

I've got the same problem. It looks like you can no longer change the fonts. This is just another in a long list of things you once could change, but now can't.

3. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Sorry for bumping this but I'm interested in this too. I found this program called Nocturne that changes the menu bar black, but also allows to change the system font. Unlike other attempts to change the font, this method works very well (no messed up spacing). Although, I don't need a black menu bar. The developer also has something called "White" that does the same thing. It shows me that there is a way to change the system font, but it's not easy.

Edit: Developer's page http://aaronolive.deviantart.com/art/Nocturne-Theme-For-OS-X-10-9-2-326453358

Edit again: So i just tried it out and you can disable the altered menu bar by having it translucent. You can only choose from the fonts the developer included. I'm using Helvetica.