iPad How to change the 4-digit lockscreen passcode as root in terminal?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by celibateromeo, Mar 30, 2014.

1. celibateromeo, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014

celibateromeo macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

My friend forgot his iPad3 (ios 6.1,Jailbroken) 4-digit lockscreen passcode,or because he used another method to modify the passcode.

Now I bypass the lockscreen 4-digit passcode,but when I connect wifi with completely correct password,but prompted me wrong password,wifi password can only be set to null to connectand.
    I restore the keypad dictionary must enter the password.

I know the user mobile‘s password , and 5 characters long,but lockscreen only type 4 characters .
    I try to change the user mobile password , but terminal prompted: password must be at least 5 characters long.

Is the user mobile =screen user (X window user,iPad general user)?How to change the password length?

How can I do in addition to upgrade to 7.1?

Attached Files:

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

The password stored there isn't your lockscreen password. If I remember correctly, it's stored in var/keychain-2.db

Now I'm far from an expert, but I believe if you delete that file and reboot, you have a chance to get around the lock screen password.

3. celibateromeo, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014

celibateromeo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!
    I have tried to delete that file, but the file will automatically appear again after reboot.:confused:

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It gets generated again if missing after a reboot. Usually it makes a new one so then it would be the default settings

5. matl0ck macrumors newbie

what you're looking at is a file noting the user shell accounts not anything to do with the lock screen

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

You could just ask the person the phone was stolen from.... ;-)

7. matl0ck macrumors newbie

Again he's talking about needing to change the password for the lock screen, however in his attempts it appears he's trying to change a shell user's password, which will pretty much do him no good...

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bam:D

9. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I dunno, in all of my life I've never set a 4 digit passcode then "forgotten" it.

10. matl0ck macrumors newbie

And how was he able to bypass the lock screen? I'm sure apple would like to kno dis...

11. matl0ck macrumors newbie