Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celibateromeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
Hello everyone!

My friend forgot his iPad3 (ios 6.1,Jailbroken) 4-digit lockscreen passcode,or because he used another method to modify the passcode.

Now I bypass the lockscreen 4-digit passcode,but when I connect wifi with completely correct password,but prompted me wrong password,wifi password can only be set to null to connectand.
I restore the keypad dictionary must enter the password.

I know the user mobile‘s password , and 5 characters long,but lockscreen only type 4 characters .
I try to change the user mobile password , but terminal prompted: password must be at least 5 characters long.

Is the user mobile =screen user (X window user,iPad general user)?How to change the password length?

How can I do in addition to upgrade to 7.1?

Attachments

• Darwin-terminal.PNG
    Darwin-terminal.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 838
Last edited:

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
The password stored there isn't your lockscreen password. If I remember correctly, it's stored in var/keychain-2.db

Now I'm far from an expert, but I believe if you delete that file and reboot, you have a chance to get around the lock screen password.

celibateromeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
The password stored there isn't your lockscreen password. If I remember correctly, it's stored in var/keychain-2.db

Now I'm far from an expert, but I believe if you delete that file and reboot, you have a chance to get around the lock screen password.

Thank you!
I have tried to delete that file, but the file will automatically appear again after reboot.:confused:

Last edited:

matl0ck

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
what you're looking at is a file noting the user shell accounts not anything to do with the lock screen

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Hello everyone!

My friend forgot his iPad3 (ios 6.1,Jailbroken) 4-digit lockscreen passcode,or because he used another method to modify the passcode.

Now I bypass the lockscreen 4-digit passcode,but when I connect wifi with completely correct password,but prompted me wrong password,wifi password can only be set to null to connectand.
I restore the keypad dictionary must enter the password.

I know the user mobile‘s password , and 5 characters long,but lockscreen only type 4 characters .
I try to change the user mobile password , but terminal prompted: password must be at least 5 characters long.

Is the user mobile =screen user (X window user,iPad general user)?How to change the password length?

How can I do in addition to upgrade to 7.1?

You could just ask the person the phone was stolen from.... ;-)

matl0ck

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
You could just ask the person the phone was stolen from.... ;-)

Again he's talking about needing to change the password for the lock screen, however in his attempts it appears he's trying to change a shell user's password, which will pretty much do him no good...

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Again he's talking about needing to change the password for the lock screen, however in his attempts it appears he's trying to change a shell user's password, which will pretty much do him no good...

I dunno, in all of my life I've never set a 4 digit passcode then "forgotten" it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.