How to change the email associated with your itunes account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Sep 26, 2007.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

i have my .mac account associated with itunes, but the only reason i even have a .mac account is to sync a backup of my settings. I'm finding less and less need for it, especially since it's so overpriced. I went to itunes to change the email address associated with my account but it won't let me. I could create a new account with a new address but then won't i loose all the songs i already bought if i don't use my .mac account? How does that work?

2. gavd macrumors 6502a

No, you won't lose anything you've already bought so you can set up a new account.

3. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

You can keep using your .Mac email as your Apple ID (for the iTunes store, Apple Store, Apple support, etc.) even after you've let .Mac expire. Apple lets you keep that address for the rest of your life, that way, in case you decide to go back to .Mac, you don't have to create a new ID. I've been using my .Mac address as my iTunes account login since it expired 2 years ago without any issues.

The only thing you need to do is go to the Apple support page, login, and update your profile with a new email address.