How to change the new preview in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Sensamic, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hey everyone.

I dont really like the new look of preview on Lion. I prefer the black tone of the preview in Lion.

Does someone know if its possible to change it and make it look a little bit more like on snow leopard? Maybe applying a theme or something?

By preview I mean the feature that lets you see a picture or video hitting the space bar on finder without needing to open the specific app. Now it has a grey look which is horrible to me. I just want to make it look dark again.

Thanks!

2. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I agree with you, I don´t like it either. i thought apple wanted minimalism. THe preview quick look had the same feel as th new quicktime, the interface wasn´t something you see or thing about. Now with the new white style and beveled buttons I feel it doesn´t "blend in" the way it did. strange design choice from apple.

3. sine-nomine macrumors regular

My main complaint with the new Quick Look is how slow it is compared to Snow Leopard's version. SL's could display a photo essential instantly, so I could scroll through as fast as I pleased and still see every photo. I should mention that the preview sidebar in column view wasn't able to keep up, and had a enough of a delay that Quick Look was indispensable.

In Lion, though, the Finder sidebar and the new Quick Look BOTH have this delay, so Quick Look is no longer useful when I need to search through a folder of photos quickly.

4. MartiNZ macrumors 65816

MartiNZ

Agree on the QL interface, the old translucent look worked really nicely, and I preferred how previews looked in it as well. I haven't noticed the delay thing, but it does seem less polished overall than it was, and that's saying something given how draft-y the SL version felt, itself.