Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniels

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2006
I use gmail but recently got a MobileMe account. I have my gmail forwarded to my me.com address which is set up on my iphone. I disabled the gmail account on the phone and switched the outgoing server for MobileMe to Gmail's SMTP. My sent emails now show up in my gmail account but the reply-to address is still @me.com so if someone just hits reply it doesn't go to my gmail account. Does anyone know if there's anyway to change this?

daniels

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2006
That's exactly how I have it set up. I added the @me.com email into my gmail account settings so that I can send mail from that address. I also set the reply-to for that address in gmail to my actual gmail address. It's still not working correctly.

Edit: the one difference is that I disabled the gmail account on my phone. If I have it enabled and set to manual fetch then every time I open up the mail app it checks my gmail account, which I don't want. With the gmail disabled I can still send from the gmail SMTP server but there's not an option when composing a message to change which account I'm sending it from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.