How to change the time in windows xp using bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by almac68, Oct 18, 2009.

1. almac68 macrumors member

almac68

I have set up my mac mini HDD to run SL and winxp on bootcamp. The time and date in SL is fine, but in xp its not. I tried to change the time but the next time I restart, the time is different again. In PC I can go into bios to change the time but how do I do this with a mac mini? Thanks.

Alex

2. taphead macrumors newbie

The time is calculated differently between the two operating systems so it will never be correct switching between the two. You can manually update the time once in Windows by double clicking the time in the lower right part of the task bar, or let update eventually with the time servers.

When you restart it's not going to keep, and at this time there is no real solution for this. There are some registry setting changes for Windows XP you can google to help keep the time updated more frequently but it's not recommended by Microsoft as it can can at times and not a fully supported key.

Apple Support Document

Maybe one day they will figure something out.

3. almac68 thread starter macrumors member

almac68

Hi, Thanks for your input. I may have solved it. I think its to do with the timezone. I forgot to set it to the right timezone. Will see if it stay the same time when I restart the mac. Thanks.