How to change user background in winterboard?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nekojesse, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Nekojesse macrumors newbie

ok i got my winterboard to work now i want to change the background. i selected "user background" but i dont know how to change it. i tried using the system wallpaper and set it that way but it only changes the lock screen and the bacground is still the original black image?? Help!

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

This is a very PITA way to do it in my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong but are we usually able to make "User Wallpaper" override a theme's wallpaper? Thought the winterboard support wasn't there yet...

3. TechJunky macrumors regular

There's a "User Background 4.0" in Cydia....don't know if that helps.

4. celticpride678

User Wallpapers hasn't been updated to work on iOS 4 in WinterBoard yet.

I tried it and it does work, but why would you install more software if you don't have to?

5. TechJunky macrumors regular

The same reason people use Winterboard at all? To make things easier. If the OP is already using WB, I doubt a simple plugin that corrects one of it's broken features would kill performance. FYI, there's also "No Docked Icon Labels 4.0" and "Transparent Dock 4.0".

6. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

What I do is I go into the files for the theme using ipod explorer and delete the background that comes with the theme, that way I can use the one I want...