Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nekojesse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
ok i got my winterboard to work now i want to change the background. i selected "user background" but i dont know how to change it. i tried using the system wallpaper and set it that way but it only changes the lock screen and the bacground is still the original black image?? Help!

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
This is a very PITA way to do it in my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong but are we usually able to make "User Wallpaper" override a theme's wallpaper? Thought the winterboard support wasn't there yet...

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
This is a very PITA way to do it in my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong but are we usually able to make "User Wallpaper" override a theme's wallpaper? Thought the winterboard support wasn't there yet...

User Wallpapers hasn't been updated to work on iOS 4 in WinterBoard yet.

There's a "User Background 4.0" in Cydia....don't know if that helps.

I tried it and it does work, but why would you install more software if you don't have to?

TechJunky

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
I tried it and it does work, but why would you install more software if you don't have to?

The same reason people use Winterboard at all? To make things easier. If the OP is already using WB, I doubt a simple plugin that corrects one of it's broken features would kill performance. FYI, there's also "No Docked Icon Labels 4.0" and "Transparent Dock 4.0".

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
What I do is I go into the files for the theme using ipod explorer and delete the background that comes with the theme, that way I can use the one I want...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.