How to change volume for different alerts?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bengtc, Jan 28, 2010.

1. bengtc macrumors regular

is there anything that enables me to change the volume of my ringtone and the volume of my text message alerts? I want my ringer louder than my sms

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Volume all controlled by one control as far as I know.

3. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Just encode it at a softer/louder volume before uploading to your iPhone. Audacity can help u with that.

4. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

sometimes the easiest solutions are the best

5. scottuf macrumors 6502

ssh into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework and look into the plist files. I changed my vibration patterns in there and some of the plists refer to volumes. make backups, and play around changing things.

note that at lease with the vib patterns, i had to do a full reboot for the change to go into effect.

6. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Well, which ones are you aware of? Give us something.

7. scottuf macrumors 6502

lazy, lazy, lazy ;)

i haven't played with any of these myself, but looking at the plists there is:

- CategoriesThatShareVolumes.plist - seems to show how apple grouped difference sounds and volumes
    - CategoryMinimumVolume.plist - this sets the min volume for FindMyPhone, PhoneCall, Ringtone, and TTYCall (and prob some others if you set additional categories)
    - RegionalVolumeLimit.plist - seems to set a max volume systemwide
    - SystemSoundBehaviour.plist - sets vibrate, ring, etc
    - SystemSoundLowersMusicVolumes.plist - sets how much a certain event will lower the music
    - SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist - i think this is the one that really has the meat of what OP wants to change.
    - SystemSoundVolumeAdjustment - i think this sets how much an up or down button changes the volume up or down (with 1 meaning no change, so .5 is .5 down and 1.5 is .5 up)

And so forth. look into the files and do what you want - just make sure to backup first!!!!