How to check battery life?

beastmode16

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
My iphone 5s battery maybe be going down hill. Currently trying to find a way to check the status at home before I loose my jailbreak and head to the apple store. Anyway to check the status at home?

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I think after the last update the battery for a lot of people have been acting funny. I know I have times when it drains fast. Like today I had it on the wall charger with it in airplane mode, nothing else on. When I took it off the charger and walked around the house it dropped downed to 98%. I checked a few emails and it dropped to 92%. So I turned it off and turned it back on. The battery showed 100%.

try turning it off after you charge. idk how to check the cycles.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Since you're jailbroken already-

There's an app simply called "Battery Life" that I use. Show's all the information you'd need.

It's available on the modmyi repo.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
I understand your original post and question, but I think you should hold off till the next update which might be coming soon. I know my 5s battery hasn't been performing the same on this version as it did on the ones before. And that's also with a clean restore and set up as new install. These phones are a year old yet so I don't think battery degradation should be an issue quite yet. My previous phone, the iPhone 4S didn't start showing it's age in battery life till about 14 months with similar daily usage habits.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Since you're jailbroken already-

There's an app simply called "Battery Life" that I use. Show's all the information you'd need.

It's available on the modmyi repo.
Great tool, thank you.
I just installed it and confirmed what I was thinking all along. My battery sucks.:D
Had the phone for almost 2 years now and the battery degraded and only charges up to 43.7% of its original specification.
Time to bring it to Apple.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2011
I've not done last iOS update and my battery is dead by 3pm from 10am 100% every day. The battery is a joke on this phone. Had 6 months. So disappointed with 5S. I think previous update killed it

mike08b

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2014
I was able to get battery info without jailbreaking by using iBackupBot on Mac. However, I need help interpreting the numbers...anyone?

It shows that my iPhone 5 has a design capacity of 1430 and a full charge capacity of 1286. So I'm guessing that means that my phone charges to 90% of what it is designed to. I have 169 cycles.

Anyone know if this is good, normal, or bad?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I was able to get battery info without jailbreaking by using iBackupBot on Mac. However, I need help interpreting the numbers...anyone?

It shows that my iPhone 5 has a design capacity of 1430 and a full charge capacity of 1286. So I'm guessing that means that my phone charges to 90% of what it is designed to. I have 169 cycles.

Anyone know if this is good, normal, or bad?
That's pretty good still.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2011
Is there a quick and easy test that the Apple stores can do with a non-JB to assess if a battery is a dud because I am convinced mine has a major problem. For example, I just spent 5 mins or less looking at twitter and lost 12%. That can't be right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.