How to check if iPhone is fake?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h4mza, Oct 15, 2010.

1. h4mza macrumors 6502

Someone is selling my his iPhone 3GS, 32GB, told me it take two SIM cards :confused: and it is from Dubai. Now im not sure if it was made in Dubai or he bought it from Dubai, but about the two SIM looks dodgy, couldbe that he was mistaken.

But im gonna go to his house and see the iPhone myself, so how do i spot if its fake? What are the main signs to look out for?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If it has 2 SIM trays, it's a fake
    If it's running android, it's a fake
    If it's called an Airphone, it's a fake
    If it has a pull-out antenna, it's a fake
    If it uses a micro USB and not Apple's 30 pin connector, it's a fake
    If it has a slide-out keyboard, its a fake

If it has a cream filling, it's a fake (this one is just for fun, but the rest are based on Google searches of fake iPhones)
    [​IMG]

3. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

No real iphone can take 2 SIMS. He's selling you a fake.

4. sirslaysalot macrumors member

unless its using an external sim adapter, its fake. just turn it on. its not hard to differentiate a real iphone from a fake. its like those damn toyotas with mercedes body kits.

5. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

Nice cake lol

6. barachus macrumors regular

if you have actually used an iphone before i think you will know within minutes of turning it on

7. james92se macrumors 6502a

Ditto.. I don't even think you'd have to necessarily even have previous iPhone "usage" experience.

Some fake iPhones are actually pretty nice phones in and of themselves and pretty technologically advanced, but the whole UI gives it away. It should be obvious the second the phone is turned whether or not it's fake

Keep in mind guys that there's a ton of Chinese cases out there that convert the iPhone to two SIM cards so the fact that the seller says it takes two cards doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake

8. vant macrumors 65816

Minutes? More like seconds!

I have yet to see an iPhone faker that actually does a good job looking the part.