Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Here is the situation. A female friend of mine was concerned her boyfriend was seeing his ex-girlfriend again. This woman is not technical but she is smart and focused. She bought a spyware program and hacked his computer and ALSO his phone ! She showed me the msn chat messages she has captured. Also SMS messages between the boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend. Her suspicions were confirmed but that is not the point.

The point is how did she hack his phone?

And more importantly ... she has used my phone at times and I also never hid my password from her as she is a good friend. Or maybe WAS a good friend?

How can I check if she has hacked my iPhone4 ???

Or should I just back everything up and do a restore?

oze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
OK I reset my iPhone4. Should I now reset my media and data as well. I have backed up contacts and calendar just in case which I synch with iTunes.

I also have found out the spy product used was Flexispy Omni. And the person has to have access to the phone to install the software. I believe the spy gave a new iPhone to the target which already had the software installed.

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2011
New York
Here is the situation. A female friend of mine was concerned her boyfriend was seeing his ex-girlfriend again. This woman is not technical but she is smart and focused. She bought a spyware program and hacked his computer and ALSO his phone ! She showed me the msn chat messages she has captured. Also SMS messages between the boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend. Her suspicions were confirmed but that is not the point.

And more importantly ... she has used my phone at times and I also never hid my password from her as she is a good friend. Or maybe WAS a good friend?

well to install any sort of spyware you need to jailbreak, so plug it into a computer and check if afc2 is installed

or go into icloud and check if find my iphone is on

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012

Was your iPhone jailbroken and if so, did it have Open SSH installed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.