How to check what graphics card I have?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mstgkillr, Jul 16, 2015.

1. mstgkillr macrumors regular

I just received a brand new replacement 15" RMBP for ongoing issues with my 2012 dGPU. I know this is a stupid question but how do I know the replacement has a dGPU as promised and not intergrated.

When I go to "About This Mac" next to graphics is says Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. However, when going to "System Report..." then "Graphics/Displays" under "Video Card" it has the AMD Radeon R9 M370X (PCle) and Intel Iris Pro (Built-In) listed.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Cmd-Space, type System Information, Look for Graphics/Display on the left hand side, select that and you'll see on the right what you have.

I'm not sure why its displaying info that may be different then what you're expecting

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

What are you asking?? It is there in front of you on the system report.....

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

About this Mac will always show iris unless you force the dgpu in desktop. You have both in your machine. Don't worry

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

About this Mac will always show whichever card's running at the moment. Your system report is correct, you have an AMD card as well.

MBPs switch graphics card whenever more power or battery savings are needed.