Hi again. It seems like I am asking far too many questions but I am purchasing my first Mac and am looking forward to my transition to becoming an OS X power user. Anyways, I am now looking at portable drives. Ideally I want to be able to get a 1 TB drive and partition ~60% of it as a time machine (hfs+) and the other 40% as FAT or similar for use as a drive to transfer files between any PC or Mac. I realize that I will have to go about formatting the drive for my situation but I wanted advice about whether going for the Mac vs PC variants make any difference. Currently I am looking at the Seagate backup plus slim which I can get for $70 while the Mac version is $90-$100. I would guess that on top of being preformatted for Mac the latter would also include OS X utilities. Wouldn't those be erased upon formatting? Is there a way to use the Mac utilities on the cheaper drive formatted on HFS+? I hope what I am saying makes sense. Also are there any other suggestions for similar inexpensive 1tb drives?