Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashjamben

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Shanghai, China
so when i'm using word, photoshop, etc and i've finished with a new document i created i want to save it. i click save, and i choose the name and location. now this is when it's abit annoying. i can only choose certain locations to save my new item too, these being my HD, desktop, home, applications and documents. although i have recent places aswell, but there not specific enough. so say i have a folder in my documents folder i want to save it to, i have no way i directly saving it there. or is there?

any help would be appreciated. i'm getting annoyed at having to save files to the desktop, then putting them in the appropriate place.

thanks

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Press the arrow next to the name and it expands to give you more options.

Picture 2.png

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
How do I choose where my iTunes downloads go and safari downloads go to? Some safari downloads are 2.1 gb and my internal HDD only has 8 gb left.

thanks,
ChrisN

spinne1

macrumors 6502a
How do I choose where my iTunes downloads go and safari downloads go to? Some safari downloads are 2.1 gb and my internal HDD only has 8 gb left.

thanks,
ChrisN

Check the preferences within each program and you'll find an option to tell it where to put stuff.

PS It is obvious you need an external HD or a much bigger internal HD if you don't have one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.