How to claim your education discount at Apple retail store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thinkband, May 25, 2008.

1. thinkband macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I am going to go to the Apple retail store tomorrow to purchase the lowest tier macbook pro. I am a soon-to-be college student (entering fall of this year). How do I claim my education discount? I have my acceptance notice for my college. Will that do? Thanks!

P.S. How long does it take to process a macbook pro order if you just upgrade your harddrive and how long is the basic shipping on average? =)

2. natharvey macrumors member

in order to prove educaion discount you just need that letter. they'll also ask the zip code of the school as well as your drivers liscense number.

they have all the MacBook pros in store ready to go but if you are interested in a built to order MBP, that must be ordered thru the online store. the only upgrade the technicians can do in store in a RAM upgrade

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Bring something to prove that your a college student, papers, whatever.

If you do it online, you don't have to show any proof, it's an honesty system. You pick the school and then order.

As far as shipping time, that all depends, it can change from time to time, you'd have to look online and see for yourself whenever you order it.