How to clean a water stained screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Dec 10, 2007.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

I was attempting to put on BSE face skin, but decided against it because I want the Power Support. Sadly I decided after I attempted to put the BSE on once so there are water spots on the screen, similar to a window after a rain shower.

Can I simply use a anti-static cloth I bought for my computer monitor? Or will that mess up the touch screen capabilities?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

i dont see how you water stained the screen if you removed the BSE right away? you should have wiped it down and been on your merry way.

3. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

I did wipe it, but I guess not enough...any tips?

4. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Wet it again and wipe it down with a clean dry cloth. I had a similar issue and that got rid of it.

5. danb150 macrumors newbie

Its an iphone.........................Your screen is fine, worry about other things

6. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

......its an iphone...isnt the touch screen the most important part

7. danb150 macrumors newbie

Yes it is vital. However, you are not going to hurt it like that so stop being OCD

8. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

he has a point I watched a video review where they tried to break the iPhone through every day **** and they went as far as to tey forcably scratching the iPhone screen with keys only to see that it was impervious to such attacks.

9. mrtune macrumors 6502a

It's a glass screen. Put some windex on a clean lint free cloth and wipe it clean. That's what I do.

In a pinch, I've been known to lick the screen and wipe it with my shirt. Works good too.

10. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

I followed you up until licking the screen. Now I think we should take away your phone as you clearly pose a threat to it and your self. Now it is time for bed so I must tuck my iPhone in next to me.

11. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Be very careful about wetting the iPhone itself.

My recommendation would be to use a slightly damp microfibre cloth or slightly damp kitchen roll.

This should easily remove any residue.

12. hooly macrumors regular

hooly

I also sleep with my iPhone, but only because it I use it as my alarm clock *ahem* :cool:

13. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue