How To Clean LCD Screens

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bobber205, Jun 16, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

"I got some yanky stuff yo".

;)

on my screen. I've tried getting it off with the old spit 'n polish but that just makes it worse.

If there a free household solution for this kind of stuff?
    Also what about my macbook's screen. It's also bad.

2. MacMontana macrumors member

I use a lens cloth and a little bit of water on my LCD's. I don't trust the $20 bottles of LCD cleaner.
    If you want some good chemical type cleaners use iKlear or Klear Screen. Found here>
    http://eshop.macsales.com/search/lcd+cleaner

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

4. MacMontana macrumors member

VERY light water. Just enough to moisten part of the cloth.

5. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Yes,

Nothing beats a damp micro-fibre cloth, and a dry one to prevent smudges. Just make sure that everything is turned off when you do your dusting...

6. godslabrat macrumors 6502

I usually say that Monster-brand products are overpriced, overhyped crap that no one should ever buy. That's because... Monster-brand products are overpriced, overhyped crap that no one should ever buy. But the one exception I have to make is their screen cleaning kit. It comes with a gigantic super-soft cloth and a solution (some sort of distilled water/polymer mix) that gets out most any smudge, yet is gentle on screens. I've used it on every bit of electronics I have. I love the stuff. It's $20, which seems pretty steep for a cloth and a bottle of goo, but it does the job and seems to last forever.

Odd that the one product Monster makes that I can pimp with a clear conscience is the one product they never advertise on their own.

@MacMontana: Point taken, but I'll vouch for this one. :)