iPhone How to clean my iPhone backups/jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lellis2k, Sep 14, 2012.

1. lellis2k macrumors 6502

lellis2k

So my phone is currently running a 5 year old 'profile' in that I had the first iPhone and have restored from backups with every new phone i get (as I like having all my photos text etc from all those years).

The problem is that it seems to be making my phone sluggish, I got 2 new iphone fours and restored my backup to one of them, did several tests and the one with my stuff on just runs slower all-round.

How can I keep my photos, texts, contacts (and possible a few app's data) but maybe clean everything else out?

Also with everything being sandboxed what could actually be causing this slowdown?

Thanks,

Leigh

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Instead of restoring to a backup, use the tabs in iTunes to restore content only (contacts, ringtones, music, movies, books, photos)

3. lellis2k thread starter macrumors 6502

lellis2k

thought as much, so I'd lose all my texts and the photos would move out of camera roll, would the photos also not appear on the photos map?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Texts can be saved manually using one of many apps available.
    Photos on camera can be saved to PC/Mac

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

OP, for app store app data like game saves, to-do list apps, etc I always use AppBackup. I highly recommend it. It's only for app store app data though. More comprehensive tools exist like iBye and PkgBackup. If you want step by step instructions for AppBackup, I laid them out in a post over here...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1439195