Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
How do tou clean the screen? It is so much easier to clean my iMac and Macbook pro since it has glass on it, now as much as I try to clean fingerprints from a my Macbook Air or Bravia TV, it never gets done.. It smudges more and more..

mad3inch1na

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
How do tou clean the screen? It is so much easier to clean my iMac and Macbook pro since it has glass on it, now as much as I try to clean fingerprints from a my Macbook Air or Bravia TV, it never gets done.. It smudges more and more..

I clean my screen with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth.

Matt

stfwayne

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
I clean my screen with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth.

Matt

Rubbing alcohol is CONTRAINDICATED for cleaning the Macbook Air

If you cant get to Costco to buy a few bottles of LCD cleaner with a couple microfibers for $15 then just buy a set of iKlear on Amazon

I bought the iKlear and Microfiber and it has lasted me a very long time. Plus the iKlear solution is great for wiping down the lid, trackpad, keyboard, and wrist area as long as you spray it on the microfiber first and not directly on the laptop itself

For the screen you can spray the screen directly if you want (but it is not recommended). I like to spray a good spray on the cloth and then clean the screen with the cloth wet.

However, the most important thing to know is to clean the screen of any dust or dirt particle first or you risk scratching the screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Klear-Screen-...ie=UTF8&qid=1402097483&sr=1-1&keywords=iKlear

This set comes with three clothes and 8oz of iKlear which should last you a long time. If you spent nearly $1000 for your Macbook Air what's $20 every year or so to clean it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.