How to Clean Screen? Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dw3bb10, Mar 4, 2011.

1. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

I absolutely HATE smudges on my screen. I had a few, just wiped them off with a microfiber. What can I use to REALLY clean it? Because sometimes smudges dont come completely off. Also, are there any good screen protectors? Ive seen a few on ebay.

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Firstly, I would not get a screen protector because it deteriorates the screen quality. However, to clean it just get a soft towel and put small amounts of water on it and that should do the trick.

3. auero macrumors 65816

4. nostylez macrumors member

5. mizzoucat macrumors regular

I tried one of these just recently and returned it due to it leaving tons of fibers and lint on my screen. Contrary to Radtech's claims, these things do shed fibers and will leave your screen looking worse than before.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I use iKlear. It's worked best for all my Apple gear and a single bottle will last you a while, plus Apple themselves use it.

Some will recommend windex, iron shavings, kerosene and brillo pads but I wouldn't.

7. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

I use a simple microfibre cloth along with some purpose LCD cleaning solution, or if that doesn't work, a home made solution of 1 part isopropyl alcohol to 5 parts distilled water.

Works great every time for both the screen and the computer chassis as well.

8. Lumpydog macrumors 6502

100% False. I've used Radtech cloths on two MacBooks for 3 years and had zero fibers or lint. My latest was purchased 3 weeks ago - no issues. They're great.

9. systole macrumors member

systole

RadTech question

Auero or Lumpydog, any chance you'd be willing to upload a picture showing how the've held up over time?

10. HBOC macrumors 68020