How to clean the aluminum casing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robotmonkey, May 27, 2010.

1. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

I got a pro yesterday and somebody already got pen on it....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I used the mom spit method and now it's only a very faint and barley visible mark but I know it's there and it's gonna bother me. Anybody got any suggestions on how to clean it?

2. rockerbsbn macrumors newbie

3. robotmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

isn't iKlear just for screens? I am talking about the aluminum casing, to the left of the keyboard to be exact

4. redcupr macrumors member

redcupr

I'll second iKlear. I use it on the screen, the keyboard, and the aluminum.

I might be a little odd, but I have a cloth for cleaning the screen only, and another one for cleaning the keyboard and aluminum.

My first small bottle lasted just shy of a year, just bought a big bottle today to re-up the supply.

5. Retzius macrumors newbie

I used the Mr. Clean Magic eraser to remove a stubborn oil print that wouldn't come off with glass cleaner. Just lightly rub and watch the magic happen :).

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

iKlear for aluminum too ? That will be extremely expensive. Its only for displays and screens. I use a lightly damp microfiber towel. Works fine.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

¬.¬

From Instructions:
    And a bottle will last you pretty much forever unless you clean your machine daily. I've used 3/4 of a bottle over 3 years (2 macbook pros, two iphones, and cinema display)

8. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

I use Sprayway Glass Cleaner on the entire mbp. Makes it feel nice and clean.

9. robotmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

Iklear didn't do **** so maybe it's a scratch..... any ideas?

10. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Radtech has some cleaning / scratch removing / polishing solutions. I've heard good things about them.

11. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

You could try rubbing alcohol. Make sure the MacBook Pro is cold since rubbing alcohol is flammable and use it sparingly.

12. ClarkWGrizwald macrumors member

magic eraser. period. i spent many of days cleaning macbooks (white) all day. magic erasers cut the time in half.. use with mult purpose spray.. add elbow grease..