How to clean watch screen?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mkg1425, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Mkg1425 macrumors newbie

What are you guys using on the screen to get it clean? I use a soft cloth and Iit looks clean until the sunlight hits it. I have a black sport.

2. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I use soap and water, but I'm sure that isn't the preferred method.

3. Scaleo macrumors member

I mostly don't need anything more than pure water.

4. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

I just occasionally wipe it with a microfiber cloth, it's crystal clear, no smudges.

5. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

6. clint-bell macrumors regular

Any micro fibre cloth would do the trick. I have one spare from a screen protector pack that I bought which I use occasionally to clean the screen. Seems to work okay

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Most will remove with a micro fiber cloth. If stubborn your breath and cloth should do it. The sun brings out the worst and best to not worry too much about it, just try to relax and enjoy.

8. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

The Apple watch cloth and occasionally a drop of water.

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I use the cloth that I carry my Oakleys in. Microfiber ftw.

10. jdmar2004 macrumors member

jdmar2004

If it's really dirty then I'll soak it when I wash my hands, dry my hands, and then use my shirt or a hand towel to dry off my watch. I also shower with it everyday . I've never been concerned about scratching screens with a shirt or towel as long as they're clean.

11. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I generally just smoosh it around on my shirt or pants if it's looking dirty. Quick wipe and it's good to go!

12. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Have not washed, wiped, cleaned, polished with anything since my 42 SS arrived on 4/24. I wear it to the gym three or more times a week, mow the lawn with it, wear it every day and do not baby it in the least. Having done nothing to clean it, I am AMAZED at how clean and smudge free it looks. Apple did a magnificent job making this a low maintenance, every day device that requires almost no effort to keep in showroom shape.

If you must clean it, no secret to that. As others say above, water and a soft cloth. If gunk gets on hard to get places, a soft bristle tooth brush can be used, which also works great for getting at car wax that gets in cracks and crevasses when doing car cleaning.