Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lostinforums

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
hi,

I’ve searched online and tried emptying my trash in mail, but I’m still showing nearly full iCloud storage.

See pic

Any idea how to clear mail iCloud storage?

Thanks

Attachments

• 43213801-9874-4BEF-A53C-B6942C07C4F2.png
    43213801-9874-4BEF-A53C-B6942C07C4F2.png
    122 KB · Views: 219

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If you want to keep the emails and use just one account you'll have to pay for more storage.

On a Mac, you could just move the messages to a folder that is located "On My Mac"...but other devices would not be able to access them.

My "free" solution would be to set up an free account somewhere (like Gmail, which has 15GB of storage), create folders at that account for sorting (if you wish). Then, add the email account to your iPhone and "Move" the iCloud messages to a folder or folders (the "Inbox" if you wish) on the Gmail server...you can do this on the iPhone. Be sure to check that your iCloud account remains the default one after you've added the new account.

riteshritesh

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2016
Mumbai INDIA
hi,

I’ve searched online and tried emptying my trash in mail, but I’m still showing nearly full iCloud storage.

See pic

Any idea how to clear mail iCloud storage?

Thanks

I had the same issue which was escalated to Apple support multiple times.
To cut it short, the solution to your woes is to setup your icloud email account on a mail client like MS outlook/Thunderbird as an IMAP account and then empty trash/deleted items from there. This is the only way out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.