how to close current app quickly on iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bigshot82, Apr 12, 2011.

1. bigshot82 macrumors newbie

Apr 12, 2011
    I would like to re-program the home button to close the current(on screen) app when pressed and held down for about 3 seconds. Any idea?

- I know about double clicking and holding down icons until they start to shake and then closing one by one. That is not what I am looking for.

- I know about force-quit feature using a combination of sleep and home buttons that takes 10+ seconds. That is not what I am looking for.

- I know that leaving apps open does not necessarily take up memory. I still need to close certain apps once I am done with them.
  2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

Mar 12, 2009
    Wichita, KS
    You'll probably have better luck with this in the iPhone hacks section, as it will most certainly require some sort of jailbreak based solution. That being said I know there's at least one jailbreak extension that will prevent "recent apps" from staying in the multitasking bar, so that it's just apps that are truly backgrounded. Additionally, I think that Backgrounder may override iOS's native multitasking in such a way that this is possible.
  3. aleni macrumors 68020

Jun 2, 2006
    i wish there was something like an activator command to force quit the app by short hold the home button.
  4. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Oct 26, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    You should suggest this idea to Apple, I actually really like it, and would find it incredibly useful. Or at least to have an option in the settings.
  5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Apr 30, 2010
    Unless you want to JB your phone, you will find you can do little that Apple does not want you to do.:eek: