how to .com with a mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by don key, Jun 1, 2008.

1. don key macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I like to use my wife's MacBook Air, which is fairly new to her, and it's my first time using a mac. One burning question and I've searched online and in this forum, but is it possible to, as when using windows pressing control, alt and enter when typing in the address bar it automatically adds the 'www' and the '.com' to do the same with a mac?. Is it a big deal - no, but it drives me crazy having to type .com as I'm so used to doing the windows thing.
    Thanks in advance.

2. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

In Firefox you just type "apple" and it adds the www. and .com.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

in virtually all web browsers you don't need to add a www (ever) and the .com is added for you. Try it you don't even need an awkward key combo

4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

If you're using Safari it will add that for you. For example, you can type "Microsoft" and it will go to Microsoft.com

5. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

In firefox, you press Command+enter and it adds www to the beginning and .com to the end.

You press shift+enter for .net

6. don key thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, thanks very much for the fast replies. It seems I haven't been very patient with my hitting 'enter' when typing an address e.g. if I type "answer' and then hit enter, it shows "http://answers/" then impatience hits and I backspace and type '.com' after it.. After reading your replies, I waited and there you have it - the thing adds the stuff by itself. Thanks all.

P.S. Even though I thought I'd never say it, but I am thoroughly enjoying this MacBook Air!

7. brand macrumors 601

brand

I don't understand why you would buy something if you didn't think you would like it.