How to combine or merge multiple DVDs onto one DVD disc?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by seenastyle, Jun 4, 2009.

1. seenastyle macrumors newbie

I'd like to combine 2 DVD discs onto one DVD disc. Each of these DVDs are complete, in other words, they have their own menus/chapters/etc, and I'd like to retain all of that, especially their menus. I do not want to transcode them into AVI/MP4 and reburn because then I would lose all of the DVD "features." So the result would be something like a DVD that has a master menu that simply allows you to choose to go to the menu of either DVD1 or DVD2, and of course from there you do whatever you would have as if you had inserted one of the DVDs.

The above example is just a hypothetical, but in reality I can probably combine 20 DVDs in a series into 3-4 discs- which is obviously a lot easier to handle than 20 DVDs. I'm not worried about fitting the content of two DVDs onto one since the original DVDs aren't using all their space. Worst-case scenario, I could use DVD Remaster to shrink them down a bit.

Thanks!

2. seenastyle thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I may have answered my own question. In Roxio Toast Titanium, I noticed an option which I think does this, but I didn't try it to confirm. The description definitely sounded the same, but I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head.