How to completely remove Photoshop CS4 ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XPcentric, Mar 12, 2009.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

I installed a while ago Photoshop CS4 on my new Mac, and it expired.
    I wonder how I can delete all the files related with trial period I've used the software for ?

Any information, much appreciated!
    (I know Windows keeps these information in registries but I dont know much about Mac.)

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I would download AppCleaner. What it does is find every file associated with the app you are trying to delete and shows them to you so you can delete them. Download that, open it, then drag the Photoshop CS4 folder into the AppCleaner window and it will find all files associated with it. Then hit "Trash" and it will move all the files to the trash. Then simply empty your trash and its uninstalled.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Do not use AppCleaner, do not use the supplied uninstaller which is in the Utilities folder, do not drag the apps to the trash.

Use this. Follow the instructions carefully.

4. MM07 macrumors 6502a

Is thsi a good way to remove other Apps besides CS4?

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

In general, on a Mac all you have to do is drag the app from the applications folder to the trash. But Photoshop is an exception. It keeps some of it's files in other places. It does no harm to just leave them there forever. You waste only a few Kilobytes (yes kilo, not mega or giga) But if you want to really clean it all out Abobe supplies an "uninstaller" that should be in the apps folder.

6. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yes it removes all apps.

To the OP: lol I forgot about the included uninstaller. That would be the easiest way to do it.

7. chandsa Guest

Thanks BV

BV,

Thanks for the link to the Cleaner Script. I have read that the big monopoly messes with the boot sector of the hard drive when the trial versions are installed.

What kind of success did you have uninstalling/cleaning up the trial installation and then installing a legit copy of the software with a purchased key?

I wish the developers will make GIMP powerful enough to give Adobe such a severe kick in the right spot that it would make them limp for generations to come. Google are you listening?? :D

High time this stupid monopoly ended...

8. Tarek macrumors 6502

Mount Photoshop CS4 (if you don't have it, download it) and choose the "Uninstall" icon so you can safely and completely remove it. If you don't have an "Uninstall" icon then there will definitely be an "Install" one, click it and then uninstall.

9. mafarie macrumors newbie

Will this uninstall ALL CS4 products?

I have a working version of Photoshop CS4. If I run this CS4 Clean Script, will it automatically uninstall Photoshop, or can I set it to just do Flash?