How to Completely uinstall CS4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JasonR, Oct 6, 2009.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Ok I've tried to completely uninstall Adobe CS4 Suite with no success. I've uninstalled using the Adobe Uninstaller, then deleted every Adobe folder off my hard drive. I've also tried using the clean uninstall script from Adobe. NO GO.

How do I do this without formatting my hard drive (which I just DID to install snow leopard).

2. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Well, unless you tell us WHAT is lingering, there doesn't seem any evidence that there IS anything still there...

3. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Ok well when I go to reinstall it...if I reinstall as a trial it doesn't give me the full 30 days back (24 days or whatever). If I then try to enter a serial number it says the product has expired WITHOUT letting me enter a serial number.

I don't know what files are lingering...but I've searched my hard drive for anything Adobe or CS4 and they are still there.

4. MasterDev macrumors 65816

1. Do you have a valid full serial number that you own?

If no go to step 3.
    If yes go to step 4.

3. Stop trying to cheat the system and buy it already.
    4. There should be a screen where you enter in the serial number after the install when you boot up the program. It would be right next to the (Expired trial area) If not, you may want to reinstall from the retail disks, or the retail download (if Adobe still offers that?).

EDIT: I have no idea where Step 2 went...

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Doesn't it call home? Just ante up and pay for a copy.

6. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Yeah it does... But it looks like he is just trying to reinstall the trial version to use it again. And simply just needs to step up and pay for the damn software.