How to completely uninstall Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fekimoki, May 29, 2007.

1. fekimoki macrumors member

fekimoki

Hi, I thought I already uninstalled all of the Final Cut Pro files and folders long time a go. But I just noticed that it didn't.

Check this out:

[​IMG]

As you can see in the picture above, the Pro Application update still exist.
    So how to cleanly uninstall all of this? Thank's.

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

how did you try and uninstall it?, there are alot of applications out there that can find all related files to that application and delete them, like appzapper.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its too late to use AppZapper if he has already semi-uninstalled it...

I'm not sure about this...but didn't everyone get that update?

4. fekimoki thread starter macrumors member

fekimoki

5. ismalls macrumors newbie

Re:

i want everyone to know that AppZapper is:
    1st. Not really opensource it only allows 5 "Zaps".
    2nd. Not really functional. It does the same as dragging the app into the trash can. So we have all been "Zapping" our apps for free in the first place. i

Just like you ive been attempting to uninstall Apples largest program ever. 30GB is ridiculous. The first night i worked on this i actually had the urge to just reinstall the Mac X cd on my MacBook but **** it

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

No one here said that it was open source and the number of initial uninstalls it offers before purchasing has nothing to do with something being open sourced.

Your complaining that the program does exactly what it was designed to to? In addition to moving the application to the trash it also searches all of the Library folders and removes all the application data from there also. That is something most users don't do when removing an application.

You shouldn't be upset with AppZapper because you didn't do proper research.

7. u8ik macrumors newbie

had same problem, found answer here

this partially solves the issue: highlight the item in the update list then press backspace and it won't bother you again.
    But it doesn't uninstall anything