How to configure an 02-UK jailbroken iPhone for any edge settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zainjetha, Jan 15, 2008.

1. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Aug 11, 2007
    Hi a purchased an o2-uk iphone and then had it jailbroken. the phone runs 1.1.2 firmware. the iphone accepts all o2 sims but i have purchased a sim adapter which lets me use my kenyan and other sims in the iphone. i would like to know how to get the option to configure my iphone for GPRS/EDGE settings. the option isnt there already under settings. any help would be most gratefully received.
  2. zainjetha thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 11, 2007
    dont worry about the settings - the provider of my choice would be more than willing to provide those... however i dont have the OPTION TO ENTER the settings.... any help would be gratefully appreciated.... many thanks
  3. isooz macrumors member

Jan 11, 2008
    nottingham uk
    Have you tried installing the services app? Turn edge on and a box should pop up allowing you to configure APN settings.
  4. zainjetha thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 11, 2007
    Oh yes you rock it works... i can now configure whichever gprs settings i want... sexyyyyyyyyyy..... i have a fully fledged iphone baby.
  5. kbw macrumors newbie

Jan 18, 2008
    Hi all... I have the same problem as Zainjetha. I have an iphone set up with 1.1.2 and a TIM Italy SIM card. I have installed the services app and turned edge on but no box pops up allowing me to configure APN settings. There is no box in Network either. I can't find any info on the web to even begin to lead me in the right direction. Any suggestions?
  6. saurabhgoel86 macrumors newbie

Feb 2, 2008
    what service application are you talking abt... wen i switch the wifi off i do get a EDGE symbal on the top left hand side but how do i configure guys!