How to configure Mail for different .Mac email addresses?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ascender, Oct 22, 2007.

1. ascender macrumors 68020

Just wondering if anyone can help as I think I'm either missing something or have bought the wrong extra email account.

I have a .Mac account, but my wife wanted her own email address. So I bought an extra email account from the .Mac account page. So far, so good.

However, is there any way to get Mail to work with just the extra email address? Will that work as a standalone email account in its own right, or does the main .Mac account need to be setup on the machine?

Similarly, I'm now getting emails from this new email account on my Mac which is only configured to use the original .Mac account. I understand that the messages reside on the server, but I'm not sure why there seems to be a crossover between the two different email addresses.

Is there an idiots guide to explain how to get this work as I'm a bit stuck tbh?

Thanks.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You just go through the same process you did to add the first account. It'll show up beneath the first one.

3. ascender thread starter macrumors 68020

That's what I tried on the laptop but it would only work if I had both email accounts enabled on the laptop at the same time. I must be doing something idiotic then.