How to connect a Alesis Multimix 4 usb to a mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hugolieber, May 27, 2010.

1. hugolieber macrumors newbie

i have an apex 435 mic connected to an alesis multimix 4 usb mixer. i connect my mixer to the computer, and try to set it up by going in audio midi set up and choosing "usb audio codec" (the name of the mixer) as the default input.how do i configure it so that i can record my songs in garageband using the mic for voice and and a guitar... help please!

2. kluyver macrumors newbie

Just got mine too, also having problems. I Had no problem recording drums using the mic though... I'm trying to record guitar over the drums now. I see that the Alesis feeds into the Mac, but using the audio port (yes I changed the sys settings and the garageband settings Codec in and Audio port out) but I do not hear the guitar coming in through the headphones.

Be sure you set the input on Mac preferences /Garageband preference to In/Out correctly with the mic...it worked fine and sounded great.

Update: figured out my problem: garageband guitar amp monitor was not set to give output. I selected On (no feedback protection) and works excellent now.