How to connect a guitar using a line in interface?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by wildchild247, Mar 2, 2014.

1. wildchild247 macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2014

I am new to the forum and was wondering is there any way to code an audio interface device to output to the iphone?

I am using a line 6 sonic port and an iRig(Ive used it with amplitube and found it very hissy)for input and an iphone 4 iOS ver 6.1

I am trying to code a guitar tuner app that takes the input from these devices

Any help is appreciated
  2. wildchild247 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2014
    Any suggestions?
    Did I post in the wrong forum?
  3. wildchild247 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2014
    I am going to use a mic in instead of the 30pin connection

Any suggestions on using this setup?
  4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

Jun 12, 2011
    I'd try another forum, your in the code sharing section. Maybe try the iPhone Accessory forum?

Good luck!
  5. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Nov 8, 2008
    Florida, U.S.A.
    You could use something like the iRig that plugs into the 30-pin port instead (to avoid the hiss), or get a better plug than the iRig. I would suggest searching online.

If you have one of those Analog-to-USB mixers (1 to 4 ports), you could connect it to your iPhone 4 using a 30-pin to USB adapter and it will let you record up to 4 lines in GarageBand (I have tested it in an iPad 3 a while back).

Whatever you decide to get, get it locally in case you need to return it.

BTW, the hiss noise could be caused by bad grounding (or ground loop) of your guitar, Amplifier or Effects Processor (if using it).
  6. wildchild247 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2014
    thanks amazing iceman

I want to code a guitar tuner I have a basic guitar tuner app that plays the E A D G B and e notes but how would you go about getting an input signal to equal 440HZ

and whats the best way to program it, allow it to be within a range so A would have 435 to 445HZ

I am new to programming but Im really interested in getting something working as a summer project
  7. dejo Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The Centennial State
    Mod Note: This thread has been moved the the iPhone/iPad Programming forum, where it is most appropriate.