How to connect a Macbookpro to a Alpine headunit(AVI-W505)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Belzebul, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Belzebul macrumors newbie

Basically I would like to know how to connect my 17" MacBook Pro to my AVI-W505 alpine head unit so that I can have the option to control the laptop from the AVI-W505 in my Jeep ( I can connect the laptop to my Iphone for an internet connection therefore receiving my emails and do my online banking etc... but i would like to connect the laptop to the head unit so that I can operate from the head unit like if i was on the lap top true the touch screen capability) in my Jeep

I'm useless! lol

Help
    Frank
    :confused::eek::mad::(

2. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

It doesn't work like that. Just because you can plug one Apple device in to your head unit does not mean you can plug anything in.

That's like trying to plug a Time Capsule in to a set of iPod dock speakers...

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The iPod and laptop use different software; the Macbook probably doesn't have the necessary software to talk to the car unit.

4. Belzebul thread starter macrumors newbie

Yet I can stream itune true blue tooth connection from the macbook to the head unit with the alpine blue tooth perrot module.

I've seen it done concerning the actual computer control on pimp my ride. I need facts not speculations.

Frank

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

...Bluetooth is different than audio-out. Dig around the "Pimp my ride" site or something to find out how it was done.