How to Connect a multimonitor dysplay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by santiagosds, Jul 9, 2013.

1. santiagosds macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm kind of a newbie here but i had a question that keeps stumping me. Every time i think i have it solved, I realize I am wrong.

Okay so here is my situation- I need to connect my Macbook pro Via HDMI to 4 dysplays but to only display one big image. I dont want it to be a mirror of my macbook screen though. so basically i want my macbook screen and a second screen on 4 monitors split 4 ways.

attached is what i want to do basically except with four monitors.

Attached Files:

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

What displays are you planning on using and what model macbook? Certainly isnt going to happen over hdmi

3. santiagosds thread starter macrumors newbie

im actually gonna connect to 4 projectors and it is the newest model macbook

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

5. santiagosds thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! that might work! and yes it is a retina display with two thunderbolts.

any other advice guys?

6. newdeal macrumors 68020

One on hdmi, two on thunderbolt, one on a usb 3.0 to dvi or hdmi adaptor. Or you could just uy one projector that will display a really big image and not worry about it

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

I don't think using all of those separate devices will give him the one giant picture he wants, the method i suggested might not even work but using the matrox software there might be a way to do it, just not sure if they will work in conjunction with each other that way or not.

8. newdeal macrumors 68020

I think it would you just have to lay them out correctly in the display settings and figure out how to hide the menu bar on the main display

9. santiagosds thread starter macrumors newbie

The picture does not even have to be the same. basically. I want to project 4 different movies from the same computer at the same time without losing use of my macbook screen. Does this help maybe im crazy i dont know what to do

10. newdeal macrumors 68020

Dont think this will work.

11. LoMonkey macrumors regular

I'm just a bit curious, but why do you want to do this? Do you own a video store business and want to advertise movies or something? I know my old apartment complex had a setup like this behind the front desk, but they had each TV set to a different DVD player.

12. santiagosds thread starter macrumors newbie

I work for a Video sharing startup, we want to broadcast 4 live video streams from around the world from the laptop

13. old-wiz macrumors G3

I can't picture the MBP having enough power to do this. 4 live video streams to 4 monitors...oh my. Even if it worked it would overheat quickly.